We are warmly glad about your next visit!

Traditional hospitableness

Hospitality has centuries of traditions in our house. The history of Linde istraceable till the time around1600, when an inn with a carriage station has been built at this place. The old, venerable lime tree in our garden dates back from that or even earlier time.

About 1800 the inn was rebuilt with a big hall. Today’s restaurant has been constructed later in 1840 in the basement, just beside the new made road from Teufen to Buehler- Appenzell.

In 1889 the St.Gallen-Gais-Appenzell railway with gear wheel was newly opened. The Linde got its own station, which can be used even today in arrangement with the railways of Appenzell.

Lanker family is the host in the Linde since 1901

 

Emil Lanker bought the Linde on the 1st of January 1901 and established the hosting tradition of the family Lanker. This tradition has been growing through the three generations of this family. By now the fourth generation is already prepared to take over great-grandfather’s line.

 

1904

New building of a concert hall

 

1914

Business of a mill with a dairy farm and a skittle-alley

 

1914-1959

Grandmother Ida Lanker-Haettenschwiler leads the company together with her son Hans-Jacob Lanker

 

1959

The company is taken over by Hans Jacob and Lilly Lanker Mueller

 

1969

Demolition of the mill, skittle-alley and of the old church. Construction of the new by pass road Teufen

 

1970/71

Rebuilding of the restaurant and Rotary hall

 

1986

Takeover of the company by Hans-Jacob and Julia Lanker-Popp in the third generation

 

1988

Opening of the new hotel section

 

1988

Opening of the new “Linden-Saal”of the municipality of Teufen

 

1992

Six new hotel rooms and the “Moeli-Stoebli” are opened

 

2002

New garden with special granite tables

 

2005

Renovation of the restaurant

 

2008

Renovation of the hotel rooms